Staring at a blank wall is almost as bad as staring outside a window that faces a brick wall. It is time that you take back your creative spirit and spruce up your walls using a little bit of decorative pizzazz and ingenuity. Here are some ways fun ways we’ve found to brighten the view, here at Blair Stover:
- Stylish Silhouettes. Get creative with shapes. For example, try using appliance and cooking utensil cutouts as the subject matter. Back them up with photocopied pages from old cookbooks.
- Attention Grabbers. Oversize pieces of artwork are perfect and can bring boldness to a more neutral styled room.
- Tiled Artwork. Do something that catches the eye. If you want to bring a farm look, a barn would be optimal.
- DIY Botanical Prints. Plastic or silk greenery laid on a white canvas will give you a beautiful silhouette.
- Artsy Calendars. A calendar can function as a piece of art just like anything else can.
- Sun Photo Prints. Photo sensitive paper can work wonders for a bland wall.
- A Bit of Nature. Make sure you take nature and bring it inside. A magnificent view can brighten any wall.
- Laying the Plans. Take a trip to flea markets and antique shops. Finding vintage blueprints or maps could actually double as perfect wall art and add a fun theme to a room.
- Natural Beauty. Vintage botanical prints can cost next to nothing these days. Or even try a vase of live flowers.
- Small Space Décor. Floating shelves can do a lot for a bare wall. Decorate them with small pictures or knick-knacks.
- Upper Gallery. That space near the top of your wall (near the ceiling) that seem to never get used are perfect for wall art or even trinkets.
You can check more about this at Blair Stover Blog