Interior decorating is not straightforward, as there are numerous individual tastes to discover and understand. It all starts with your own style. When decorating your home, it takes time to find the style you would like to incorporate in the design, starting with colors, accessories, furniture, lighting, etc.
You must know your taste, style and preferences before you start. You can enjoy various styles, but you must set a direction and a unique style so your project goes smoothly. Setting a budget that fits your style and stipulates a time limit to avoid financial problems is also important. Check out prices for things like paint, furniture, wallpaper, chandeliers and based on this knowledge, start assembling your budget. Always consider the space you are working with. When decorating a room, always consider the size of the room. You do not want to face problems of limiting space after you have already purchased something.
Here are some interior design tips on a budget, provided by Blair Stover:
- Reorganizing furniture: You wouldn’t believe how different a house looks when you just move some furniture around.
- Paint your walls: This can do a lot for the appearance of a home. Just ensure that the walls match or furniture or vice versa.
- Add wall paintings: Throwing a huge wall painting can take your guests mind off everything else.
- Décor candles: These are for special occasions like holidays.
- Adding simple carpets: Just a simple carpet will go a long way in adding a spruced up look to your house.
- Plants: Adding plants to an area will make any room come alive.
- Replace simple things: You never have to buy a new door or new cabinets and such. Just buy the doorknobs and pulls – it makes a huge difference.
You can check more about this at Blair Stover Crunchbase Blog