July 26, 2013 by admin
Staring at a blank wall is almost as bad as staring outside a window that faces a brick wall. It is time that you take back your creative spirit and spruce up your walls using a little bit of decorative pizzazz and ingenuity. Here are some ways fun ways we’ve found to brighten the view, here at Blair Stover:
- Stylish Silhouettes. Get creative with shapes. For example, try using appliance and cooking utensil cutouts as the subject matter. Back them up with photocopied pages from old cookbooks.
- Attention Grabbers. Oversize pieces of artwork are perfect and can bring boldness to a more neutral styled room.
- Tiled Artwork. Do something that catches the eye. If you want to bring a farm look, a barn would be optimal.
- DIY Botanical Prints. Plastic or silk greenery laid on a white canvas will give you a beautiful silhouette.
- Artsy Calendars. A calendar can function as a piece of art just like anything else can.
- Sun Photo Prints. Photo sensitive paper can work wonders for a bland wall.
- A Bit of Nature. Make sure you take nature and bring it inside. A magnificent view can brighten any wall.
- Laying the Plans. Take a trip to flea markets and antique shops. Finding vintage blueprints or maps could actually double as perfect wall art and add a fun theme to a room.
- Natural Beauty. Vintage botanical prints can cost next to nothing these days. Or even try a vase of live flowers.
- Small Space Décor. Floating shelves can do a lot for a bare wall. Decorate them with small pictures or knick-knacks.
- Upper Gallery. That space near the top of your wall (near the ceiling) that seem to never get used are perfect for wall art or even trinkets.
You can check more about this at Blair Stover Blog
Category Bedroom Decor, Decorating Tips, Interior Design, Living Room Decor | Tags: decorating tips,home,Home and Garden,home decor,home redecorating,wall art | No Comments
January 2, 2013 by BlairStover
As a family seeks to create the ideal room to enjoy, they quickly realize there are numerous options which contribute to the end result. These range from the sort of sofa, the color scheme, the entertainment system, etc. Each will have an impact on the overall feel of the room. Follow these suggestions from Blair Stover to create the perfect family room that will assuredly become the most popular room in the house.
Begin by considering the size of the room you are working with. Whether the room is large or more compact, it can be designed in a way that will allow a feeling of comfort rather than feeling cramped. So, if the room is a bit smaller you will want to steer toward furniture that is more compact yet fully functional, like two-seater sofas and armchairs. Thus, you will expose more floor space which will create the illusion of a bigger room. Also, consider mounting the television on the wall rather than taking up additional space with a TV stand.
Stick with a neutral color scheme. This will encourage an atmosphere of relaxation which will be inviting for the family to spend evenings together. This also can make a smaller room appear larger with an airy feeling and by radiating light. A larger room can be made to feel cozier by using darker colors.
Many homes nowadays have open-plan living areas which incorporate the kitchen, living room and dining room. If this is true of your home, be sure to consider a dining table in your furnishings. Dining sets are available in many options and for any size family.
Make the room perfect for your family by adding personal touches. Incorporate souvenirs, family photos and heirlooms into the room. Consider using your children’s art as the featured pieces for the walls.
How have you made your living or family sitting room the best room in the house? Share below in the comments to inspire others.
You can check more about this at Blair Stover News
Category Decorating Tips, Furniture, Interior Design, Living Room Decor | Tags: Blair Stover,Couch,decorating tips,Dining room,Family (biology),Family room,Furniture,home decor,Interior design,living room,sitting room,table | No Comments
December 17, 2012 by BlairStover
How wide should your sofa seat be? What does the back feel like? And which angle is ideal for your legs? Finding the best sectional sofa for you is about answer what you want. Everyone has different tastes when it comes to a sofa and different sofas serve different functions. So what is the right model and how do you choose it?
Take a look at a few tips we’ve compiled here on Blair Stover Interior Design for finding the best sofa for your room and your comfort.
1. Make sure your legs and back are at the proper angle. Seat height and seat depth should be adjusted individually but the backrest should be at least shoulder high. Particularly small people should not sit too low – otherwise the legs will sit and dangle in the air. Often times, the back areas of sectional sofas are slightly inclined to the rear.
2. Smaller sectional sofas are great. Buying a sofa to suit storage areas created for all types of rooms will end up saving you money in the long run. A compact sectional sofa is cheaper and will also save you space in a tiny apartment or house.
3. Inner values count. Whether you decide to buy a broad or narrow sofa, make sure you buy one using the adequate amount of space you need, especially in households with children. You should take the time to sit down and extensively test the product before buying it to ensure that you find the right sectional sofa.
You can check more about this at Blair Stover Redorbit Blog Page
Category Decorating Tips, Furniture, Home Improvement, Interior Design, Living Room Decor | Tags: Couch,decorating tips,Furniture,home decor,Interior design,living room,Minneapolis,sectional sofa,The Girl Of My Best Friend,Twitter,Vocus | No Comments