No one likes working in a bland office space, especially when that office is at home. You deserve a lot more than just an extra chair and desk thrown into a corner. A home office is reflective of who you are and what type of home you live in. You should feel comfortable working and living in it.
Here is a list of tips that will help you create the perfect working home space in the comfort of your own home, brought to you by Blair Stover Interior Design.
- It’s all about the location. You want to be comfortable when working at your desk so don’t cram yourself into a corner or a closet. Consider the flow of traffic and if you will have clientele stopping by as well.
- Never substitute form for function. Storage spaces, shelves and your desk are there to serve you. It isn’t the other way around. Make sure everything goes together. Décor means everything if you have the space.
- Get a great chair. Spending hours in an office chair can literally mean health problems down the road. You can alleviate that problem by purchasing a comfortable seat that suits you.
- It’s your home so paint the walls to suit you. You aren’t in an office building; you’re in your home. So, why don’t you act like it? Paint the walls with a color that will soothe the savage beast in you.
- A view is everything. No one wants to look at a blank wall, do they? Park yourself in front of a window that has a beautiful view (if it’s possible).
- Accessorize. Try to enhance your home office setting by getting a few things that will help you feel comfortable while working. Classic paintings, coffee mugs to stick your pens and pencils in and decorative waste baskets are all a great place to start.
You can check more about this at Blair Stover Profile